Day +1 - Rolbik (PL) to Hannover (D)

Sunday 16/08/2020
------------------------------

So the transit return leg, back to reality and back to the obligations of life (including a new job in my case).... I had an enjoyable last day in Poland, where I spent the evening with 2 or my brother-in-laws and their families. We recalled some of the funny events that happened. So many that didn't make it into the blog and that I had forgotten.

Today was another boiling day and was even hotter as I wore my 'proper' bike gear. I left about 09.30 and luckily there was minimal traffic in Poland so I kept moving and took in the lovely lakes and forests for probably the last time this year. Poland is a lovely country but I can't help feeling that it's being over developed and is quickly losing it's charm.

After a quick stop for petrol and my last Polish petrol station kabanos hot-dog, I was in Germany. The roads here were grid-locked. Lots of accidents on top of the roadworks. There was no way I was going to sit in 32C traffic with the road temperature probably around 40C! Whilst filtering or 'lane-splitting' is not legal in Germany, I did it for about 30km in total today meaning that I got to Arumer See (nr. Hannover) in about 8hrs which is pretty good going considering.

Just before Hannover I hit some rain which was a welcome relief given the heat, but by the time I hit the campsite (by a lake again) it was dry and hot again. I quickly put-up the tent but was melting so took a quick shower and then found a nice Italian restaurant will excellent food to finish the evening and my last night of indulgence for a while. I would love another bottle of wine.... but I have an even longer day tomorrow!

Mileage: 2936
Country count: 6 (GB, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Poland)
Beers: 52 + loads of other stuff (Whiskey, Moonshine, Brandy, Wine)
Fines: 0
Bribes: 0
Ass pain: 6/10
Mechanical issues: 1 (oil leak - not mine)
Accidents: 0
Wetness: 1/10
Coldness: 0/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6 - Solina - Kazimierz Dolny

Day +2 - Hannover (D) to Swindon (UK)

Day 5 - Solina - Solina